Sunday, January 10, 2010

Girls' Birthday Party,

I am the worst blogger ever. I go 6 months without posting anything.

Today is Tana's birthday, but we threw a birthday party for both girls. Kitiara will be 2 on Saturday. My parents were kind enough to lend their house for the event as we have VERY little space here.

We had a Tinkerbell theme: cake, plates, cups, napkins, decorations what not. I made taco dip and my MIL made her fabulous BBQ, and we had some chips. Then we played Pixie Bingo. Tana called out the numbers and we gave Tinkerbell magnets and tattoos as prizes (but everyone got some regardless of whether they won or not) Then we had a pinata. It was a neat one that had ribbons on it and everyone took turns pulling the ribbons off. One ribbon opened a trap door on the bottom that was supposed to make the candy fall out but I stuffed it too full LOL. I had to break it open then. Then the girls opened their presents.

Tana got 4 webkinz, some clothing, guitar hero and another game for her DS. Steve and I got her Twinkle Toe Skechers and a flatscreen monitor. Kit got a lot of clothing from everyone. All VERY cute. Tana gave her a new Backyardigans DVD. Steve and I gave her a smurf, Little People Fairy Treehouse, a princess doll, and also some Twinkle Toes Skechers. It was so funny when Kit opened her new shoes she immediately started pulling off her old ones. My dad looked at Steve and said "boy are you in trouble" Steve said "Oh I know...it's all 3 of em, not just Kit" LOL Like Mommy, Like daughters. :D

Then we had cake. The bakery kinda screwed up the cake. I had wanted it to say Happy Birthday acrossed the top, have the edible graphic in the middle, and Tana's name in the bottom left corner, Kit's in the bottom right. Well the decorator misunderstood and thought that where it said Kit was the "cake kit" or edible graphic. So when I went to pick it up it said "Happy Birthday Tana" on the left side and had the edible graphic on the right. Luckily there was enough room for them to add Kit's name at the bottom. Well let me tell you they certainly made up for that little snafu in taste. Let me tell you if you live in Lancaster County and you need a cake for ANYTHING I HIGHLY recommend Byers Butterflake Bakery in Leola. I mean they are just the moistest, richest cakes I have ever had. They are also BEAUTIFUL!!! Other than the reasonable mistake made this time I have NEVER EVER had any complaints about their cakes, and this little messup certainly isn't enough to keep me from going back. (plus they gave me a coupon for next time since i had already paid)

I forgot to mention the AWESOME surprise my dad had for me. He made a slideshow of all the pictures he'd taken of Kit and Tana in the past year and had it playing on the TV. He did the same last year but I had asked him to. I hadn't even thought of it this year


On another seeming unimportant side note..LOL I had a GREAT hair day. I think i finally found a combination of products I like. I had gorgeous shiny curls that didn't go limp or frizz out AT ALL today!! I mean they made it the whole way through the party. I dunno it was just a nice little extra boost for me LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment