Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Being too Outside

This is an old post I never published.  I think I had more to say, but I don't recall.  I'm going to publish it and let it stand as is.  It was written at a very dark point, but maybe gives some insight to why i am the way i am.


Today is a bad day.  Looking back it's been a couple of bad days but I was too distracted to notice.    I have these bouts of what I would term paranoia. Maybe officially it would be termed as some sort of anxiety.  I go through days where I question every relationship, every acquaintance, every even passing contact with other humans that I have.  I wonder if I said to much to the clerk at the convenience store.  I wonder if I sounded too sharp when I said excuse me to the woman who was standing between me and my car.    Did I cheer too loudly for my daughter at bowling?  Did I cheer too much? Was it not enough?  Was I too loud when I corrected my daughter for something?    Why does this one person talk to me when no one else does?  Then I wonder things like has my husband ever felt anything for me at all, or was it just I was a willing lay that got knocked up and he stays with out of some sense of duty?  Yeah that's a big one.  Believe me I question every single interaction in between as well.  My brain just tells me irrational things.  I think they're irrational.  Some part of me desperately wants to believe they're irrational.  When I go through this though it just makes sense and it's so easy to believe.   I'm not posting this looking for compliments or reassurances.   When i go through one of these bouts they wouldn't help anyways.  It's so easy for my brain to say they were just said out of pity and all lies.
      I think most of these bouts are triggered by something.  Sometimes I know what, and sometimes I can't put my finger on it.  I think this one was caused by feeling too outside at the girls bowling events. We had Saturday morning league as usual and then Tana had a tournament Saturday afternoon and Kit had one this afternoon.  Out of those 3 events only one person really talked to me.  Betsey.  Then I wonder why Betsey talks to me.  She seems to like me.  Is there something wrong with her?   The majority of the time though I spent by myself looking around at other parents moving back and forth chatting with eachother.    No one chats with me voluntarily though.  Once in awhile I manage to catch someone's attention and say something i'd been thinking for about 5 minutes, but exchanges are short and, to me, feel forced.   I wonder why I don't really know anyone there.  Even factoring in the fact that many of them have been at that alley for years and we only came 2 years ago.  There are other families who came at the same or more recently and are far more accepted than I am.   I wonder what I did, what do I exude, that no one ever really approaches me.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment